It will be my lunchtime soon
And home from work I will depart.
Because I know I'll have
A special meal that is 'ALLA CART'
I need to drive home for lunch
And for this I will confess
First, I must walk my dog
Or else later clean up his mess.
I will quickly make a sandwich
In sixty six seconds or less
Then rush off to my bedroom
To relieve some morning stress.
I'll turn on my computer
And go right to my E-Mail
To read the latest lunch note
From Alla my loving female.
I will happily read every word
And savor her every line
That she wrote with such care
While I sit there and dine.
She shares her life and thoughts with me
I'll enjoy whatever she might write
It's the closest thing we have right now
To an afternoon delight.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (LOVE NOTES by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman