It will be my lunchtime soon
And home from work I will depart.
Because I know I'll have
A special meal that is 'ALLA CART'
I need to drive home for lunch
And for this I will confess
First, I must walk my dog
Or else later clean up his mess.
I will quickly make a sandwich
In sixty six seconds or less
Then rush off to my bedroom
To relieve some morning stress.
I'll turn on my computer
And go right to my E-Mail
To read the latest lunch note
From Alla my loving female.
I will happily read every word
And savor her every line
That she wrote with such care
While I sit there and dine.
She shares her life and thoughts with me
I'll enjoy whatever she might write
It's the closest thing we have right now
To an afternoon delight.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (LOVE NOTES by Edward Iacona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram