A Shortage Of White Bread
There is a shortage of white bread in America.
Too many other choices have led to this shortage.
We have wheat,
And other specialty breads.
Granted, we know white bread
Is not very good
For the well balanced
Healthy everyday diet.
However, America loves its white bread!
Many Americans want their white bread!
This country was founded
On the limited nutritional values
White bread afforded us.
America does not want to change.
We don't want bologna on multigrain.
If you don't like white bread
Then leave America!
And take all the other breads,
And other specialty breads,
With you as you depart
The land of the free! !
This is America
And we want our white bread!
Kyle Schlicher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Shortage Of White Bread by Kyle Schlicher )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Escaping The World, silenced work
- Lonely, silenced work
- Agnostic Afloat, Donal Mahoney
- Unharmed Pinecones, Saiom Shriver
- Goodluck Jonathan, Okoemu Barnabas
- Money Saved Is Money Earned, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- cool with me, Cee Bea
- Down and Dirty, Buddy Bee Anthony
- I Never, Sergi Dutronc
- Love for everyone, Andy Sayasone