A Sinner and Doubter's Prayer
Dear God, I may not have been willing to accept you
because of the issues in my life which only you truly understand.
I may not understand why these issues entered my life,
but I know that I have broken your laws and that my sins
have separated me from you.
But I ask you now for healing.
Father, I am truly sorry,
and now I want to turn away from my sins toward you.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid the sin
and all that which caused the separation.
Why did you make the blind from birth blind?
Well, when his vision was finally given,
he rejoiced and that question no longer mattered.
I know that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins,
was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer,
please banish the doubts from my heart.
I trust that in your own time and in your own way you will.
Just as that previously blind man became a testimony to your glory,
let my recovery be a testimony to your glory for others.
It is written that you are the shepherd that comes
looking for all his lost sheep.
Here, I am Lord, please come and get me.
Like the prodigal who wandered off, I now want to come home,
please open my eyes to the way, strengthen my resolve,
and help me to overcome the difficulties I will face.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life,
to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.
Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You,
and to do Your will and to trust in Your name for the rest of my life.
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen
Daniel Partlow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sinner and Doubter's Prayer by Daniel Partlow )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)