A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker
A Slide Show
A Slide Show
Jayaprakash A panicker
Everything looks like frames:
From scenes to our feelings.
Our vision is square
So are our thoughts.
Our likes are rectangular
So are our beliefs.
Our Gods are seen in squares
Their blessings are no more circled rays.
Our faiths and fears
Egos and animosities
Hates and apprehensions
fall perfectly in place
among the four walls of our interiors.
The globe is square,
So is our sun and moon
And all other ethereal domains.
We all spend our lives looking frames
From telephone screens to bill boards
Hoardings to wall hangings.
Modular switches to kitchen cabs.
Toilets fitments to tiles and tubs,
Display screens to plastic cards.
Currency is square, changes no more.
It is all in our looks. We look square
And all the time we look at squares,
We find everything so bezarely square.
But who knows the world and its orders
Are all circular! ! ! but we all know:
We are square pegs in round holes.
A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Slide Show by A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker )
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Once Indifference Is Shown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- empty without you, Liss March
- Synchronized Heartbeats, Jamal Brown
- New beginnings, Mary Bone
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns