A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker
A Slide Show
A Slide Show
Jayaprakash A panicker
Everything looks like frames:
From scenes to our feelings.
Our vision is square
So are our thoughts.
Our likes are rectangular
So are our beliefs.
Our Gods are seen in squares
Their blessings are no more circled rays.
Our faiths and fears
Egos and animosities
Hates and apprehensions
fall perfectly in place
among the four walls of our interiors.
The globe is square,
So is our sun and moon
And all other ethereal domains.
We all spend our lives looking frames
From telephone screens to bill boards
Hoardings to wall hangings.
Modular switches to kitchen cabs.
Toilets fitments to tiles and tubs,
Display screens to plastic cards.
Currency is square, changes no more.
It is all in our looks. We look square
And all the time we look at squares,
We find everything so bezarely square.
But who knows the world and its orders
Are all circular! ! ! but we all know:
We are square pegs in round holes.
A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Slide Show by A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra