A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker
A Slide Show
A Slide Show
Jayaprakash A panicker
Everything looks like frames:
From scenes to our feelings.
Our vision is square
So are our thoughts.
Our likes are rectangular
So are our beliefs.
Our Gods are seen in squares
Their blessings are no more circled rays.
Our faiths and fears
Egos and animosities
Hates and apprehensions
fall perfectly in place
among the four walls of our interiors.
The globe is square,
So is our sun and moon
And all other ethereal domains.
We all spend our lives looking frames
From telephone screens to bill boards
Hoardings to wall hangings.
Modular switches to kitchen cabs.
Toilets fitments to tiles and tubs,
Display screens to plastic cards.
Currency is square, changes no more.
It is all in our looks. We look square
And all the time we look at squares,
We find everything so bezarely square.
But who knows the world and its orders
Are all circular! ! ! but we all know:
We are square pegs in round holes.
A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Slide Show by A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram