A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker
A Slide Show
A Slide Show
Jayaprakash A panicker
Everything looks like frames:
From scenes to our feelings.
Our vision is square
So are our thoughts.
Our likes are rectangular
So are our beliefs.
Our Gods are seen in squares
Their blessings are no more circled rays.
Our faiths and fears
Egos and animosities
Hates and apprehensions
fall perfectly in place
among the four walls of our interiors.
The globe is square,
So is our sun and moon
And all other ethereal domains.
We all spend our lives looking frames
From telephone screens to bill boards
Hoardings to wall hangings.
Modular switches to kitchen cabs.
Toilets fitments to tiles and tubs,
Display screens to plastic cards.
Currency is square, changes no more.
It is all in our looks. We look square
And all the time we look at squares,
We find everything so bezarely square.
But who knows the world and its orders
Are all circular! ! ! but we all know:
We are square pegs in round holes.
A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Slide Show by A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker )
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)