A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker
A tribute to Amitah Nair
I have never known this flowerlike girl
Never have I bothered of those two-wheeler invitations.
For, this mobility is nothing short of menace
Parents are at times pitiless sinners.
What is this concept called God
Which oversaw this fall, fall of a dame of 19
At a premises where He should have stayed away
For, campuses are the consummation of Eden?
My eyes broke once again and sent tributaries.
When columns read the news
I fell unsettled; my jaws tighten
I feel that I have known
this girl for all her years nineteen.
What death denies is not life alone
Death denies all doctrines.
When death claimed her brain,
her heart and vision longed to live.
That self, who wouldn’t love?
that truth, near ones will never believe.
Amitha, I love you dear, from this day and on.
Amita Nair, the girl who got killed in an in-campus bike accident at engineering college Trivandrum
A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A tribute to Amitah Nair by A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- We are the best? ? ?, Amitava Sur
- Southern Hospitality In Years Gone By? ..., Bri Edwards
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira