A Somber View of You
Looking at a life so full of unreleased talent.
Looking at all the promise held inside.
You were off to a good start and then gave up.
Was it a personal vendetta or of pride.
Makes no sense at all and there is nothing I can do.
It only makes me sad to have a somber view of you.
Not judging but only seeing all the dependencies within;
I remember your smile and happiness, recapture it again.
To lose a friend to drugs or alcohol is hard to go through;
Not giving up but want to get rid of this somber view of you.
Saint Eule's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Somber View of You by Saint Eule )
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)