A Somber View of You
Looking at a life so full of unreleased talent.
Looking at all the promise held inside.
You were off to a good start and then gave up.
Was it a personal vendetta or of pride.
Makes no sense at all and there is nothing I can do.
It only makes me sad to have a somber view of you.
Not judging but only seeing all the dependencies within;
I remember your smile and happiness, recapture it again.
To lose a friend to drugs or alcohol is hard to go through;
Not giving up but want to get rid of this somber view of you.
Saint Eule's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Somber View of You by Saint Eule )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)