William Carlos Williams
A Sort of a Song
Let the snake wait under
and the writing
be of words, slow and quick, sharp
to strike, quiet to wait,
-- through metaphor to reconcile
the people and the stones.
Compose. (No ideas
but in things) Invent!
Saxifrage is my flower that splits
William Carlos Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sort of a Song by William Carlos Williams )
Did you read them?
- Homage To The Sun, Elia Michael
- The Joy Of Getting Back, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rain prosody, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- High time to decide, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- A Personal View Of War, Edgar Albert Guest
- Now And Then, Edgar Albert Guest
- Happiness, Edgar Albert Guest
- Dreading, Edgar Albert Guest
- Dan McGann Declares Himself, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Ma Wants Something New, Edgar Albert Guest