A Soul on Fire
I am not afraid of the storming wind
I fully trust the honesty of my sail
I do not bother what comes my way
I will push on against the blaring knell.
I do not care for the death to come
I hate the sterile living all the more
I will brave every wave like a warrior
I do not worry about the safe shore!
I don't like the rich life rolling in dull rest
I want to wander like Gypsies and fill a barn
I'll hope a new hope in each newborn instant
I don't like to settle and mend the forlorn.
I cannot wait for things to come to my aid
I harness and race them to my own charts
I know days are inadequate and nights less
I must bring in crops before my sun departs.
Madhav Sarkunde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Soul on Fire by Madhav Sarkunde )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A piece of my ground, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan