A Stewart Serves
Jimmy Stewart flew a plane well.
As bomber pilot, he signed on,
And flew into World War II hell,
Where few celebrities had gone.
Mission after mission he flew,
Dropping bombs on the enemy,
Dodging attacks, making it through
What seemed like an eternity.
This was a role he lived for real.
Colonel James Stewart, brave and bold,
No film with box office appeal,
Four years of war, his life on hold.
Jimmy Stewart, back from war strife,
Starred in 'It's a Wonderful Life.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Stewart Serves by Ima Ryma )
- NEUROSIS, Dominic George
- THE OTHER GENDER, Dominic George
- ON THE DESERT PLAIN, Dominic George
- FINAL IMPENITENCE (haiku), Dominic George
- THE TWO PART POETRY, Dominic George
- Dear she loves me not, Pijush Biswas
- THE BATTLE OF SPIRITS AND MARROWS, Dominic George
- Childhood Love, Julius Lenaiyarra
- I WON'T GO GENTLE INTO THE GOOD NIGHT (b.., Dominic George
- COMPLEX THEOLOGY: HEAVY SUBJECTS, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)