A Stewart Serves
Jimmy Stewart flew a plane well.
As bomber pilot, he signed on,
And flew into World War II hell,
Where few celebrities had gone.
Mission after mission he flew,
Dropping bombs on the enemy,
Dodging attacks, making it through
What seemed like an eternity.
This was a role he lived for real.
Colonel James Stewart, brave and bold,
No film with box office appeal,
Four years of war, his life on hold.
Jimmy Stewart, back from war strife,
Starred in 'It's a Wonderful Life.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Stewart Serves by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perceptions, Jaipal Singh
- Heroin, S.D. TIWARI
- 728 Days, Tara Stano
- Why do I write, S.D. TIWARI
- Stream of life, S.D. TIWARI
- We Must Learn, Jaipal Singh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -67, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku, bonsai, S.D. TIWARI
- The Bloody Power Politics of The CPI(M), Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku, butterflies fly, S.D. TIWARI