Bai Juyi (772–846 / Taiyuan, Shanxi)
A Suggestion to My Friend, Liu.
There's a gleam of green in an old bottle,
There's a stir of red in the quiet stove,
There's a feeling of snow in the dusk outside --
What about a cup of wine inside?
Poet Other Poems
- A Foresaken Garden
- A Lament for my Son, Ts'ui
- A Song of the Palace.
- A Suggestion to My Friend, Liu.
- A Visit to Qiantang Lake in Spring
- After Collecting the Autumn Taxes
- After Lunch
- After Passing the Examination
- An Invitation to Mr Liu
- At the End of Spring
- Autumn Cold
- Autumn Thoughts, Sent Far Away
- Drunk Again
- Eating Bamboo Shoots
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.