A Tea Party With the Looney Tunes
I’m standing in the kitchen
Making some tea
I’m wondering about the rachet
Happening in the lounge behind me.
Elmer Fudd is chasing Bugs again
Up and down and across the sofa.
Daffy Duck just sits and stares at them
He’s being polite to my furniture, he’s no loafer.
Why did they even ask for the tea
Will they include it in their game?
Inviting these funny characters to my home
May turn out to have been nothing but an act of shame.
Perhaps I’m being too uptight,
They’ll think I’m a dreadful bore.
I’m going to see how Elmer plans
a little 'gwey wabbit' to lure.
I’ll go join them
And play until the fun’s all through,
And sigh tomorrow once they’ve left me
With all this cleaning up to do!
Maja Dezulovic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tea Party With the Looney Tunes by Maja Dezulovic )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep
- White Noise, Kyle Schlicher
- Canticle for the Second Sunday in Lent, G.C. Waldrep
- The Little Man In The Fire Hates Me, G.C. Waldrep
- The Night Autopsy, G.C. Waldrep
- Many Of Us Identify With Animals, G.C. Waldrep
- Flowers Of Hope, William Duchovny
- Poetry, Gerry Legister