RIC S. BASTASA
A Thing Just A Thing
things only seem to be what they are
when they try so hard to convince
they ask the help of light to cast some shadows
and if they can only speak they will say:
'you see, i am true
i am real, i am casting a shadow'
in my doubt, i touch a thing in you
there is nothing there but only a thing
and i tell you
'you are only a thing with a shadow
i haven't touched a heart'
and then i hear the silence
and then there was calm and quiet
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thing Just A Thing by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh