Manifestation. As if there aren't enough in the world.
Fresh and new. A phoenix born from the ashes.
A collage of past, present, future. Hopeful.
Like an abandoned Church's bell; ignored by most.
Some stop and listen, remain unaffected by the ringing.
But innocence and ignorance, hand in hand, do hear it.
And they walk into the old Church. Once crowded.
Once over-flowing pews are now cobwebs and shades.
Tossed aside as society floated away. Morphing alone.
Crouching in the shadows. Growing silently. Hidden.
Hidden until it is whispered and carried by the breeze.
All the mockingbirds are singing it.
Political heartbreak. Emotional anarchy.
But lynching offers no Death.
Burying offers no Suffocation.
Decomposition. As if there are enough in the world.
Old and burnt. Time steals yet another. Gone forever?
Not quite forgotten, not quite remembered. Invisible.
Like washed-over footprints in the sand. Erased.
Never to return as exactly the same shape, yet to return.
In a new place. New depth. A phoenix to rise again.
Zoe Guillory's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought by Zoe Guillory )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen