A Touch Of Love....
You were six months old and full of fun.
With a blink of my eye, you suddenly were one.
There were so many things we were going to do,
But I turned my head and you turned two.
At two, you were very dependent on me.
But independence took over when you turned three.
Your third birthday, another year I tried to ignore.
But when I lit the candles, there weren't three, but four.
Four was the year that you really strived.
Why, look at you now, you're already five.
Now you are ready for books and rules.
This is the year that you go to school.
The big day came; you were anxious to go.
We walked to the bus, going oh so slow.
As you climbed aboard and waved goodbye,
I felt a lump in my throat and tears stung my eyes.
Time goes so fast, it's hard to believe
That just yesterday you were home here, with me.
And tomorrow when the bus brings you home
and you jump to the ground,
You'll be wearing your cap and graduation gown.
So I'm holding on to these moments as hard as I can.
Because the next time I look,
I'll be seeing a grown man (woman
Ryko Angel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Touch Of Love.... by Ryko Angel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- To My Daughter in a Red Coat, Anne Stevenson
- Perplexed, Somanathan Iyer
- The Spirit Is Too Blunt an Instrument, Anne Stevenson
- The Miracle of the Bees and the Foxgloves, Anne Stevenson
- I am the authority, life and rule for my.., Melikhaya Zagagana
- Holding Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Enigma, Anne Stevenson
- Temporarily in Oxford, Anne Stevenson
- Swifts, Anne Stevenson
- Sonnets for Five Seasons, Anne Stevenson