A Tribute To Dad
When kids my age were searching for
Heroes, the likes of Roy Rodgers,
Gene Autry, Hoppy and John Wayne
I already had my idol.
A hero is supposed to be
Courageous and strong and favored
By god. This description aptly
fit father then as a youngster
And today on this special day.
And when he died some years ago
A light was extinguished within
My soul leaving a darkened void
Where once my action hero, dad
Was surely the best of them all.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute To Dad by Albert Ahearn )
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao
- The Circle, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Shot By An Angry Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak