Dr John Celes
A Tribute To My Beloved Mom On Mothers’ Day,2013
Lodged in your womb, my belov’d mom,
You gave me birth for naught, a sum,
And suffered labour-pains for me,
To taste the world, God made to see!
With love and care, you nursed me well,
And met my needs – no words can tell;
You taught me how to talk and write,
And set me in this world aright!
You reared me with great love and toil,
Ensuring world did not me spoil;
All this you did for my/ God’s sake,
And made me cut each birthday-cake!
You groomed me up each day for school;
You slogged all day for me, a fool!
You sacrificed your life for me,
And helped me reach my goals ably!
You are a ‘human-God’ to me!
This often I had failed to see;
When grown up now, this truth, I know;
But it is sad and late too, Oh!
Can I repay your love to me?
Can I return my debts to thee?
Did I treat you most gratefully,
Or left you alone, shamefully?
Nevertheless, I love you mom,
With all my heart, though I stayed dumb;
Forgive me mother dear, I plead,
You’re my angel, God sent to lead!
I thank you dear for all you did;
I’ll do all things as you me bid;
I’ll pray to God for you when gone,
And remember you every morn!
‘Wish you a Happy Mothers’ Day,2013! ’
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
to their beloved mom, Mrs.Mercy Celestine, Perundurai, TN
and by all children to their dear mother,
(Late) Mrs. Stella Antoniswami, Coimbatore, TN
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-5-2013
Comments about this poem (A Tribute To My Beloved Mom On Mothers’ Day,2013 by Dr John Celes )
- My Children, Elia Michael
- Maria, John Lars Zwerenz
- GETTING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE., Changez Ndzai
- HOW FAR I HAVE COME!, Changez Ndzai
- BEHOLD THE FALL OF ANGLO-AMERICAN POWER!, alexander opicho
- The Old Dane Gun, Tony Adah
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)