A Tribute To The Memory Of Mr. Richard Folds
This truth may to Christians in darkness be shrouded,
While mourning for friends in the grave newly laid,
But a time will soon come when the Dayspring unclouded
Of doubt, from our souls shall dispel every shade.
These words to his people by God have been spoken,
To light up their passage on Life's dreary way,
And each day's fresh mercy is from Him a token
That he will prove to them a Comfort and Stay.
This friend, who by conduct to us so endearing
Has drawn from us sympathy, called forth our love,
Is gone-O, the thought is transportingly cheering!
To join the glad throng of Redeemed Ones above.
And we who have witnessed his pure conversation
Have listened to Truths which he uttered so well,
Rejoice that the theme of Christ's glorious Salvation
Was that upon which he delighted to dwell.
His constant infirmities were but refining
A soul well endowed by both choice gifts and rare,
And he through a long course of years has been shining
By light gained from Heaven, which guided him there.
Friends, let these remembrances cheer and delight you,
And patiently wait till your own change shall come.
The death of dear Richard should not now affright you,
Since he through that portal has passed to his home.
Thomas Cowherd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute To The Memory Of Mr. Richard Folds by Thomas Cowherd )
- Se(lection), Tony Adah
- Octopus, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fill Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moving Along Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Gift, Michael McParland
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)