A True Friend
he stands there in shock,
not understanding what has happened,
thinking, HOPING, its just a dream.
that he'll wake up, and will be over.
he watches it be carried over,
and sees the flowers,
and the tears.
the pain he feels is real,
and he knows hes awake.
he walks forward,
and stares upon his face,
the face of a true friend. no, of a brother.
and his knees crumble at the site,
and he falls to the ground.
it hurt, but is nothing to the pain in his heart.
and then the tears fall, just like his brother did,
when they came around the corner,
and the man was there,
pointing with his gun,
as your brother steps in front of you,
helping you. one last time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A True Friend by Jeryn Bean )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb