Alone and Afraid
you feel alone and afraid,
thinking no one knows you,
thinking no one wants to...
thinking everyone hates you.
you try to hide it all with fake smiles,
and with fake laughs.
yo try to trade your emotional pain with physical pain,
only to be more ashamed of yourself than ever before.
if you continue to do this,
you will only make things worse,
hurting yourself and hiding never solves anything.
you must venture forth and seek help.
if you do, then help will come.
friends and family will support you along the way,
and help you realize, that you are so much more,
but only if you seek and accept help.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone and Afraid by Jeryn Bean )
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
- DESIRES, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Vast open, hasmukh amathalal
- He Is My Default, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)