Alone and Afraid
you feel alone and afraid,
thinking no one knows you,
thinking no one wants to...
thinking everyone hates you.
you try to hide it all with fake smiles,
and with fake laughs.
yo try to trade your emotional pain with physical pain,
only to be more ashamed of yourself than ever before.
if you continue to do this,
you will only make things worse,
hurting yourself and hiding never solves anything.
you must venture forth and seek help.
if you do, then help will come.
friends and family will support you along the way,
and help you realize, that you are so much more,
but only if you seek and accept help.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone and Afraid by Jeryn Bean )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- The ship of the desert, gajanan mishra
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- गोजां बोथोर - सोरबा नागिरदोँ गुदुं गुदुं, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche