Alone and Afraid
you feel alone and afraid,
thinking no one knows you,
thinking no one wants to...
thinking everyone hates you.
you try to hide it all with fake smiles,
and with fake laughs.
yo try to trade your emotional pain with physical pain,
only to be more ashamed of yourself than ever before.
if you continue to do this,
you will only make things worse,
hurting yourself and hiding never solves anything.
you must venture forth and seek help.
if you do, then help will come.
friends and family will support you along the way,
and help you realize, that you are so much more,
but only if you seek and accept help.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone and Afraid by Jeryn Bean )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscientious Objector, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense
- Longing., Jak Black
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.