A true friend.
What is a true friend? Try and find out,
When you’ve got money there’s never a doubt
They’ll slap your shoulder and praise you high
And say your a wonderful guy
Now comes the time and you are broke and everything seems to them a joke
They’ll walk on the other side of the road
Not for them to share your load.
But a true friend will share each sorrow and care
Won’t mind a bit if your clothes are bare
Will light up a fag and say “take a draw”
Have one himself and then give you more
Will lie for you, cry for you
If need be die for you
That’s what I call a true friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A true friend. by Cecil Lees )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola