A true friend.
What is a true friend? Try and find out,
When you’ve got money there’s never a doubt
They’ll slap your shoulder and praise you high
And say your a wonderful guy
Now comes the time and you are broke and everything seems to them a joke
They’ll walk on the other side of the road
Not for them to share your load.
But a true friend will share each sorrow and care
Won’t mind a bit if your clothes are bare
Will light up a fag and say “take a draw”
Have one himself and then give you more
Will lie for you, cry for you
If need be die for you
That’s what I call a true friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A true friend. by Cecil Lees )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow