What is courage, is it hard to say
That a man may give his life away
It could be friend or maybe foe
But impartial courage he will show.
The chronic sick bearing endless pain
Knowing they will never be well again.
The blindman searching for his sight
Not knowing the difference between day and night,
But never complaining or making a fuss
But doing his best to be one of us.
The boatman will challenge the mighty sea,
On a night of terror to set men free.
The fireman, fighting fire after fire,
His courage never seems to tire
But to him it’s a job to be done
For fighting fire is never fun.
The batsman facing a bumping ball
Will try and answer his captains call
And though he may be black and blue
The greatest courage he will show.
The Shepard tending his straying herd,
The spoken sermon, the promised word,
Telling the truth and not a lie.
Say, your not afraid to die, .
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Courage. by Cecil Lees )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael