Spring, when the entire world awakes anew.
Winter has passed and the sun peeps through,
Birds that were silent are in song again,
The grass is looking green again,
I must walk down that country lane again,
Now that spring is here.
The lambs appear in sheltered places,
With a look of wonder on their faces,
So this is the world, they gaze with awe,
Would they soon be slaughtered and be no more.
Little calves with coats of silk,
One day to provide us with their milk,
The cuckoo to the birds a pest,
Will lay its eggs in another nest,
I spy a rabbit with powder puff tail,
Running swiftly over hill and dale.
Everything seems to be out of winters groove,
So this is spring and all around,
The many flowers peep from the ground,
So always remember when winters here,
Spring will come and bring us cheer.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spring by Cecil Lees )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 비, Ronald Chapman
- AL-QUDS (JERUSALEM) القدس - مدينة السلام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Best Before Sell By Date (Fun Poem 156), David Harris
- Brutality And Our Woes, Sossi Khachadourian
- Never here, Nassy Fesharaki
- ET Cinquain For The Fans Of The Movie 'ET', Ronald Chapman
- ASK Poem Hunter, Richard Thripp
- Into Your Soul, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Easter Dream, Ronald Chapman
- Eagles, Ronald Chapman