A War Over There
It seems they are always having a war somewhere over there,
And the loosing side is calling the UN to come and take care,
Sometimes it’s religion, sometimes it’s national or even tribal,
And the UN makes an announcement as though they are liable.
Certain UN members are then expected to go forth and win,
Otherwise it could be a UN diabolical sin,
Canada is among those states that they are inclined to choose,
No referendums, plebiscites, propositions or reviews.
They refused to let Canada in Security Council place,
Not politically correct enough though right in our face,
Has the UN became more trouble than we deserve?
Could we pull out of the UN or do we have the nerve?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A War Over There by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman