Waltz For Zizi
A Woman, A Dream Last Night
A woman with no heart
is just a doll, meant to be abused
by men without hearts.
Here, in this world
I cannot be a king, without you,
without your lips on mine.
'It has to be this way.',
is what you told me, before straying nude
in other's palms.
Please excuse me,
I don't mean to pull you out of their beds,
it's too late for that.
It's just that..
I dreamt you last night, again, like
the thousand times before.
all the flowers knelt before you,
all stars fell.. untill..
Untill nothing but blue
remained painted on the sky's
So, understand that
that's why, I engrave my poem
with you, tonight.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Woman, A Dream Last Night by Waltz For Zizi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Come, Come, Whoever You Are, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Poem of the Day
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...
- Clink, Clink, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Curtains Of Near-Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtains Of Near - Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- what is left, Mandolyn ...
- Watching Ideas Pop, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Some Men's Deaths, Randy McClave
- Moments Don't Exist, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She looks nice, Nassy Fesharaki