A woman beautifies herself to make her husband happy!
Normally any woman beautifies
herself to make her husband happy!
For beautifying her,
usually the maid or a close girl friend helps!
Most of the time, the husband goes
out of his place or country by sailing in the sea!
He takes a few months to return,
the wife becomes pale longing for him!
She does not like to beautify herself
thinking always for his safe return!
That is why the wife asks her friend
when she comes to beautify her!
Why do you want to beautify me
with new dress, flowers and perfumes
while my husband is not near me
to enjoy and make me happy?
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A woman beautifies herself to make her husband happy! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)