A Work in Distraction
While at work, what does distract me?
Inquiring minds just have to know.
Am I too tired or too hungry?
Is email a distracting woe?
I'm told I need to concentrate
On concentrating on my job,
Or unemployed will be my fate,
Cuz I am wasting time a gob.
To note how bad distraction is,
Survey firms are fully alurk.
Money to make is survey biz,
Working on why I hardly work.
I'm distracted, least once a day,
To take a distraction survey.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Work in Distraction by Ima Ryma )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra