A World That Makes You Wonder
There are people, mainly bosses
who get rid of the best
and replace them with the worst.
Hoping that the worst
are going to perform miracles,
but all they do is drag the firm down.
In education, the worst
are applauded and awarded
for wasting money
that should be used
for furthering education.
Bring it up to higher standards.
Yet if you work hard,
you are chastised for doing so.
The Government will bend over backwards
to help those who never want to work.
However, those who do work hard
normally end up on a minimum wage.
My conclusion to all this is,
well it is very simple.
They lazier you are,
the better thought of you are.
You will get all the praise and benefits.
Work hard and they will just use you
to do the work the lazy ones should do.
4 June 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World That Makes You Wonder by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath