Diana van den Berg
A Year Ago Today
Flicka, Tigger and Daisy,
Thank you for the precious gift
Of Benji and Cleo
A year ago today.
I love them with all my heart
As they do me
As you know
We all would.
I ache my heart raw
For you, Flicka, Tigger and Daisy,
But we on Earth,
Benji and Cleo and I,
Feel your love and presence
Around us every moment of every day.
Thank you, my darling furry babies
On Earth and in Heaven
And all my furry babies who preceded you
Who are with you, Flicka, Tigger and Daisy.
We three earthlings know
That you Heavenly babies will welcome
Each one of us
When we reach the Gates of Heaven.
I love you all, my darlings, here on Earth and in Heaven..
May you all know and feel
My love and adoration for you
As I do yours.
Oh, what a comforting circle
To be part of!
One day, we will all be
In together-bliss-blessed happiness
In the joyous freedom of Heaven.
(31 December 2011)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Year Ago Today by Diana van den Berg )
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)