Diana van den Berg
A Year Ago Today
Flicka, Tigger and Daisy,
Thank you for the precious gift
Of Benji and Cleo
A year ago today.
I love them with all my heart
As they do me
As you know
We all would.
I ache my heart raw
For you, Flicka, Tigger and Daisy,
But we on Earth,
Benji and Cleo and I,
Feel your love and presence
Around us every moment of every day.
Thank you, my darling furry babies
On Earth and in Heaven
And all my furry babies who preceded you
Who are with you, Flicka, Tigger and Daisy.
We three earthlings know
That you Heavenly babies will welcome
Each one of us
When we reach the Gates of Heaven.
I love you all, my darlings, here on Earth and in Heaven..
May you all know and feel
My love and adoration for you
As I do yours.
Oh, what a comforting circle
To be part of!
One day, we will all be
In together-bliss-blessed happiness
In the joyous freedom of Heaven.
(31 December 2011)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Year Ago Today by Diana van den Berg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey