Abandoned toys in the treasure chest,
Left alone to collect the dust
After the children grew up.
Dolls, teddy bears, all of them forgotten.
Abandoned toys up in the attic,
Piled under one another in boxes
After the people moved out.
Rocking horses to be eaten by rats.
Abandoned toys under your bed,
Shoved under and forgotten
When the children got angry.
Action figures stuffed with gum and dust bunnies.
Abandoned toys in your heart,
Lost inside your wandering mind
Waiting to be found and loved again.
Precious memories locked up inside.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abandoned Toys by Cheryl Cheng )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Like a sparkling Roman candle, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Bless each palo verde bloom -, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Inner Abilities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak