Last week, my teacher yelled.
He scolded us for talking loud.
'You're smart, you're talented, '
'But that's no excuse for RUDENESS!
In life you need manners,
No one cares if you're gifted
If you never say please or thank you! '
Some cried, some protested,
Some sat there and thought.
My teacher was right;
We gifties have big brains
And mind your manners.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gifted by Cheryl Cheng )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.