With one single push,
With one couple's love,
A baby is born.
With one gasping breath,
With one cry for mom,
A baby enters the world.
With one pair of loving hands,
With one rock and one coo,
A baby is loved.
With one house to stay,
With one mom and dad to love,
A baby has a home.
With one encouragement,
With one smile and clap,
A baby takes its first step.
With one heart to love,
With one brain to learn,
A baby grows up.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baby by Cheryl Cheng )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- La Luna, Patricia Grantham
- DREAM OF PEACE, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Motion picture, daniel george
- Fallen, daniel george
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786
- Seesaws المراجيح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat