With one single push,
With one couple's love,
A baby is born.
With one gasping breath,
With one cry for mom,
A baby enters the world.
With one pair of loving hands,
With one rock and one coo,
A baby is loved.
With one house to stay,
With one mom and dad to love,
A baby has a home.
With one encouragement,
With one smile and clap,
A baby takes its first step.
With one heart to love,
With one brain to learn,
A baby grows up.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baby by Cheryl Cheng )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If We Don't Meet Upon The Morrow, Kute Makerz
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Life & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Angels, vanessa hughes
- Solicitation, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Redoubt, Noah Body
- For Madhavi, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- I Am She, Edward Kofi Louis
- On the Christmas Eve, nimal dunuhinga
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno