About The Teeth Of Sharks
The thing about a shark is—teeth,
One row above, one row beneath.
Now take a close look. Do you find
It has another row behind?
Still closer—here, I'll hold your hat:
Has it a third row behind that?
Now look in and...Look out! Oh my,
I'll never know now! Well, goodbye.
John Ciardi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About The Teeth Of Sharks by John Ciardi )
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor