About Your Skin
What is it about your skin?
I touch you and it is as natural as breathing,
As right as being
That I don’t even have to think about it.
It’s not about conscious or subconscious:
Just about us.
Wonder whether Adam knew Eve
With such insouciant tenderness:
Love in a unique completeness;
Whether what we feel has ever been felt
By anyone in this life, anywhere, anywhen.
Like being deep in a natural forest
Wondering whether anyone has ever set their foot
Beneath my soles,
If he or she had ever wondered whether
Anyone would ever follow in their footsteps: -
A virgin moment:
Stretching to History’s horizon
In all directions;
A whole world:
Populated only by the desires of our hearts
And our limitless imaginations
Of the infinite possibilities
A whole world.
Tony Jolley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About Your Skin by Tony Jolley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis