About Your Skin
What is it about your skin?
I touch you and it is as natural as breathing,
As right as being
That I don’t even have to think about it.
It’s not about conscious or subconscious:
Just about us.
Wonder whether Adam knew Eve
With such insouciant tenderness:
Love in a unique completeness;
Whether what we feel has ever been felt
By anyone in this life, anywhere, anywhen.
Like being deep in a natural forest
Wondering whether anyone has ever set their foot
Beneath my soles,
If he or she had ever wondered whether
Anyone would ever follow in their footsteps: -
A virgin moment:
Stretching to History’s horizon
In all directions;
A whole world:
Populated only by the desires of our hearts
And our limitless imaginations
Of the infinite possibilities
A whole world.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About Your Skin by Tony Jolley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh