is a mysterious place',
the poet said.
'There might exist
other worlds wherein
the laws of nature
are different from ours.'
'No', the engineer said,
'in a vacuum
light travels at the speed
of 300,000 km per second
and nothing can move
faster than that.'
'Oh, absolute claims
the turtle said.
'But since this is
an absolute claim
it ought to be
the engineer objected.
agreed the turtle,
'yet in being wrong
it is also
Paul Hartal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absolute Irony by Paul Hartal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- From Destiny's Palm, Savita Tyagi
- Your silence, ramesh rai
- My body is my enemy, gajanan mishra
- No Tears For Me, vince gullaci
- season of fall autumn, binod bastola
- Coming to you I said, gajanan mishra
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak