Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer
All my life I've wanted to fit in.
I wanted to be in the middle of the crowd feeling wanted.
I felt like this was who I was supposed to be.
I am not like everyone else.
I don't dress like everyone else.
I don't think like everyone else.
I don't act like everyone else.
It took me so long to realize.
I can never be who I wanted to be.
It's just not who God wants me to be.
He's got a different plan for me.
I have to learn to accept that.
No matter how heartbreaking it may be.
No matter how many tears I must shed.
No matter how many people I have to let go of...
I have to learn to accept who I am.
No matter how much it hurts.
Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Acceptance by Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer )
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
- He says his heart is a broken wishbone, Mark Heathcote
- Dressed in russet monochromes, Mark Heathcote
- Thankful For You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)