I woke up early in the morning, by a phone call,
Which left me mourning.
I paced up and down in the hall,
Doing nothing but frowning.
People say obstacles come and go,
Alas! I’ve been caught by snow.
People say, we shouldn’t fear even in the darkest year,
Oh! What do they even know, how I fought my tear.
I gave up the sorrow, I gave up the pain,
I ran towards the door in vain,
While driving I thought in my brain,
Would I be able to refrain?
Once someone said to me,
Perk up when in need.
Help someone if you can,
Cause a friend in need is a friend in deed.
A distance covered in an hour,
Seemed to go on forever.
But who cares where the road leads,
Till we meet in the end together.
There she lay on the bed,
With no movement no sound,
Sedulity struck me,
With its hand cold and brown.
I know she would never leave me,
I would take her back home.
Now I only wait for the operation to be over,
Till I sit here and moan.
Minutes passed like years,
Until the doctor came,
And subdued all fears,
That feeling what can I name?
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accident by Aditi Khandelwal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- We, the great family, ANIL KARKI
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock