I woke up early in the morning, by a phone call,
Which left me mourning.
I paced up and down in the hall,
Doing nothing but frowning.
People say obstacles come and go,
Alas! I’ve been caught by snow.
People say, we shouldn’t fear even in the darkest year,
Oh! What do they even know, how I fought my tear.
I gave up the sorrow, I gave up the pain,
I ran towards the door in vain,
While driving I thought in my brain,
Would I be able to refrain?
Once someone said to me,
Perk up when in need.
Help someone if you can,
Cause a friend in need is a friend in deed.
A distance covered in an hour,
Seemed to go on forever.
But who cares where the road leads,
Till we meet in the end together.
There she lay on the bed,
With no movement no sound,
Sedulity struck me,
With its hand cold and brown.
I know she would never leave me,
I would take her back home.
Now I only wait for the operation to be over,
Till I sit here and moan.
Minutes passed like years,
Until the doctor came,
And subdued all fears,
That feeling what can I name?
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accident by Aditi Khandelwal )
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
- Siberian Tiger, Denis Martindale
- Hanae, Marites C. Cayetano
- Adagio, Elizabeth Shield
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)