I woke up early in the morning, by a phone call,
Which left me mourning.
I paced up and down in the hall,
Doing nothing but frowning.
People say obstacles come and go,
Alas! I’ve been caught by snow.
People say, we shouldn’t fear even in the darkest year,
Oh! What do they even know, how I fought my tear.
I gave up the sorrow, I gave up the pain,
I ran towards the door in vain,
While driving I thought in my brain,
Would I be able to refrain?
Once someone said to me,
Perk up when in need.
Help someone if you can,
Cause a friend in need is a friend in deed.
A distance covered in an hour,
Seemed to go on forever.
But who cares where the road leads,
Till we meet in the end together.
There she lay on the bed,
With no movement no sound,
Sedulity struck me,
With its hand cold and brown.
I know she would never leave me,
I would take her back home.
Now I only wait for the operation to be over,
Till I sit here and moan.
Minutes passed like years,
Until the doctor came,
And subdued all fears,
That feeling what can I name?
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accident by Aditi Khandelwal )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Deep in my Soul, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Orange Has A Shadow, Saiom Shriver
- I'm Screaming Inside, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Wisdom, Forgiveness & Love., Tom Zart
- Not Divisive But Divine, Saiom Shriver
- Heart-Song of Mattie Stepanek*, Tushar Ray
- Singing Rain, Saiom Shriver
- Sometimes, Aslam Marikar
- The Confession, Aslam Marikar
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi