Addicted To Rhyme
For thirty three years I've been addicted to rhyme
And I've been penning stuff since I was in my prime
The verses I write I could not hope to sell
Perhaps I am bound for the Poetasters hell.
Out of millions of writers few seen as good enough
But that does not bother me I just keep penning stuff
I pen for enjoyment not in hope of pay
Addicted to rhyme I pen stuff every day.
I penned my first verses from here far away
Long before my hair started to thin and gray
One might say my better years by now long gone
But I feel obliged to keep on keeping on.
When I was a young man I daydreamed of renown
As I worked in the fields just west of my Hometown
But daydreams suppose do seldom come true
And from life we only receive what we are due.
Poet Other Poems
- 01-Of 01 Of 07
- A Ballad Of Clifton Hill
- A Ballad Of The Bayswater Hotel
- A Ballad Of Wasted Years
- A Beautiful Day
- A Beautiful Day In December
- A Beautiful Day In October
- A Beautiful Day In Winter
- A Beautiful Day Of Twenty Five Degrees
- A Beautiful Evening
- A Beautiful Evening Of Sunshine And Bree...
- A Beautiful March Day
- A Beautiful Morning In May
- A Beautiful Night In September
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.