Addicted To Rhyme
For thirty three years I've been addicted to rhyme
And I've been penning stuff since I was in my prime
The verses I write I could not hope to sell
Perhaps I am bound for the Poetasters hell.
Out of millions of writers few seen as good enough
But that does not bother me I just keep penning stuff
I pen for enjoyment not in hope of pay
Addicted to rhyme I pen stuff every day.
I penned my first verses from here far away
Long before my hair started to thin and gray
One might say my better years by now long gone
But I feel obliged to keep on keeping on.
When I was a young man I daydreamed of renown
As I worked in the fields just west of my Hometown
But daydreams suppose do seldom come true
And from life we only receive what we are due.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addicted To Rhyme by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro