This goes out to my two adopted sisters
JoAnn and Meggie
I love you both
I have two adopted sisters
and write with both of them.
One lives in America
and the other in the Philippines.
I worry about them all the time
like a big brother would do.
I talk to both whenever I can.
The difficulty I have
is the time difference
between us all.
One is five hours behind my time
and the other is seven hours ahead.
I have even known them
to be online at the same time
and I have had to talk
to both at the same time.
My fingers were working
overtime that night.
The sad part of my story is
that I have a real sister
who never talks to me,
but my adopted sisters
are more I feel like my family.
Although I have never met them,
I feel I know both of them so well.
They are always there for me
whenever I am down
as I am there for the both of them,
my lovely adopted sisters
Meggie and JoAnn.
12 May 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adopted Sisters by David Harris )
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
- Coming To Light, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sally With Arachnophobia ..... [SPIDERS.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)