This goes out to my two adopted sisters
JoAnn and Meggie
I love you both
I have two adopted sisters
and write with both of them.
One lives in America
and the other in the Philippines.
I worry about them all the time
like a big brother would do.
I talk to both whenever I can.
The difficulty I have
is the time difference
between us all.
One is five hours behind my time
and the other is seven hours ahead.
I have even known them
to be online at the same time
and I have had to talk
to both at the same time.
My fingers were working
overtime that night.
The sad part of my story is
that I have a real sister
who never talks to me,
but my adopted sisters
are more I feel like my family.
Although I have never met them,
I feel I know both of them so well.
They are always there for me
whenever I am down
as I am there for the both of them,
my lovely adopted sisters
Meggie and JoAnn.
12 May 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adopted Sisters by David Harris )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If you really don't want me in your life., Beautiful Lie
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- I love boobs, Randy Johnson
Poem of the Day
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph