This goes out to my two adopted sisters
JoAnn and Meggie
I love you both
I have two adopted sisters
and write with both of them.
One lives in America
and the other in the Philippines.
I worry about them all the time
like a big brother would do.
I talk to both whenever I can.
The difficulty I have
is the time difference
between us all.
One is five hours behind my time
and the other is seven hours ahead.
I have even known them
to be online at the same time
and I have had to talk
to both at the same time.
My fingers were working
overtime that night.
The sad part of my story is
that I have a real sister
who never talks to me,
but my adopted sisters
are more I feel like my family.
Although I have never met them,
I feel I know both of them so well.
They are always there for me
whenever I am down
as I am there for the both of them,
my lovely adopted sisters
Meggie and JoAnn.
12 May 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adopted Sisters by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- दिनैनि हराव नांगोलनि जांख्रा, Ronjoy Brahma
- मशाल जलती रहती है..mashaal, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful Appearance III, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- NIGHT PRAYER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Broken Promises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Mislaid, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- आयै नोँ आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- The scarlet soldier, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Near Your Heart, Neela Nath
- Digital Creationism, Brian Johnston