A lovely vision in the desert sun,
A stunning flower, in full bloom.
Her life's path has just begun,
To find a dashing groom.
No sooner puberty starts
Her life was destined to part
And body appear the curves
Past view of life will depart
As quick as melted snow
The winds of change will blow
Her course will rapidly change
To womanhood prearrange.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
You can view all my drawings at my blog:
http: //philotoyourhealth.blogspot.com or
https: //www.facebook.com/PhiloHeresToYourHealth? ref=hl
She is an African maiden who is on the brink of becoming a woman and in their culture, it is the time to look for a husband.
Comments about this poem (African Beauty by Philo Yan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady