Edward Kofi Louis
Every young African has a dream,
The very dream to get out of the poverty line;
Every dreamer has a dream,
Of dreams to prosper in life;
But, many die too young with their dreams.
It is in Africa where talents are bound,
It is in this place that we struggle to gain;
But, can we jump this fence from here?
One mortal, one number;
One man, one humdred;
We still have hopes to overcome.
One million-ways of visionaries to tap,
One thousand roses ot love to share with;
Like those of the Innovators and the Footballers.
Back to one mortal being,
Back to the days of struggle;
The Sate of Africa is entangled with poverty! !
Like a candle in the wind where,
The roses die too soon;
Every African is battling poverty.
But, can we juump this fence from here?
Rather teach a child how to fish than,
Giving the fish to eat always;
We still have this dream to overcome.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (African Dream by Edward Kofi Louis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen