Waltz For Zizi
Against God(s) (After Profanity)
With enough money we can touch the sky
and get across this damn ocean
before we grow old here, and
get used to growing old here,
like rats are used to grow old in sewers,
I told her one day.
It's my ambition to stop being a rat,
even if it means to be alone.
I'd still have the company of my heart,
I'd still love, I'd just be alone
with my flesh and my ordinary verses,
and you would remain the same,
a rat among millions of rats,
crawling through other's dirt, and
eating it, and thanking a god for it,
adoring him for giving you so much of it,
for putting you so close to his heart,
and crowding out to get even more of that dirt.
The world being so ugly, I myself challenge it.
I don't expect a god to do it for me.
I don't need flames to make me good,
so why do you need to be frightened by a beast?
Why do you need prizes for your humanly deeds?
It's too difficult for me to believe
in your god, in anyone's god,
as long as i'm covered in mud.
You don't like what i think, did I make you mad?
So put me on your naughty list.
It's not the vanity of my heart, but
rather the insanity of your believes (/believers,
chopping other's heads, stoning women to death)
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Against God(s) (After Profanity) by Waltz For Zizi )
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 March 1941 -)
Michael P. McParland
(July 19 1983)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.