The greatest love,
For what human is the master
Of it in today's world,
Besides my own mother,
Whom I love with all of my dear heart.
She has shown the world what she can do,
For she clothed her children,
Fed them when they were famished,
Gave them drink when they were parched,
Gave them shelter when they were sick,
Cared for them when they were suffering,
And so much more.
She showed Elyse a lot of compassion,
For she guided her when she needed help,
Saved her from her father's wrath,
Helped her go through her father's cruelty,
Endure through her peers' persecution,
Work hard to get where she is today
And eventually become a doctor.
She showed me, Justin, kindness
When I broke my head,
For she helped me convalesce,
And she gave me milk to drink,
Changed my diapers when I pooped,
Taught me how to use the toilet,
And helped me walk.
She taught me how to talk,
And helped me learn compassion
And generosity and sacrifice.
She was kind to me,
And she helped me when I was depressed,
Helped me when I was persecuted,
And helped me when I was in need most.
She gave a lot to me, too.
She helped Sean in a lot of ways,
Teaching him how to ride his bike,
Playing with him when he wanted to,
Calming him when he was angry,
And helping him become a better person.
She showed love to him by showing tough love,
Yet compassion at the same time,
For she wanted to see Sean grow,
And wanted to help him expand his love for others.
She helped Stef in multiple ways,
By being at her side when she was a child,
And helping her become a great girl,
And guiding her when she fell into depression,
Which was hard for all of us to bear.
She sacrificed everything she had
When our father tried to take everything
Away from us,
And she fought hard to keep the
Things we had so that
We would not get thrown out
Onto the street,
And so our home would not
And we wouldn't go bankrupt.
She fought hard for everyone.
Mum is the greatest person I know,
And I love her with all my heart,
And there is no one greater than her,
For I know that she is good.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Agape by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis