Alcoholism has affected many,
it gets you and won't let go untill it's pleased.
But when will it be pleased?
Today, tomorrow, in a year.
Alcoholism makes you think you need a beer,
untill you actually do need a beer.
It's with you day and night,
and only you can win the fight.
The fight that seems like it lasts forever.
You wake up hateing yourself because another days gone by and you haven't won,
but eveyday is another chance a chance to try and not run.
The more you drink, the more you run.
Alcoholism will chase you the when you run,
it's an evil game one that's no fun.
The only way out is to say no to the drink,
even though it's hard think.
Think of a sober life.
You be the one that wins and not him.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alcoholism by jessica scott )
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
- Friend-Zoned, Foster Teegarden
- My chidhood poem collection -1, soulful heart
- Switch Your Words, inas essa
- All opposites are ours, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Change of Thought, Scott J. Shepard
- Will They Never Know The Looking Glass W.., mary douglas
- For You, Foster Teegarden
- Erectile Dysfunction, Foster Teegarden
- AS SEPTEMBER 21 KNOCKS AT MY DOOR ONCE A.., M.D Dinesh Nair
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)