Obed dela Cruz
All Have Conditions
I may have a room full of trophies
And a life full of discoveries
But if I don’t have love inside my heart
All that I have will soon break apart.
All things in this world have conditions.
You are based through your words and actions.
Almost all things can’t last forever.
Discipline makes one’s life easier.
Pain is not enough to have your strength.
Endurance makes one’s life long in length.
The advantage and disadvantage
Of things, you must study with courage.
What’s your worth if you’ll lose your self?
Will you choose to stay in that old shelf?
Life’s expiration is up to you.
Never stay old but choose to be new.
Copyright © 2009 by Obed Dela Cruz
(October 27,2009; Marikina City)
(To use this poem in a legal way, please email the author at email@example.com but you cannot own the poem because you will be violating such in computer ethics, information systems, intellectual property, copyright, and other rights)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Have Conditions by Obed dela Cruz )
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)