All I Want
I am afraid of getting sick.
I am afraid of having to stay inside all the time in my bed.
I am afraid that I will lose all my friends.
I am afraid that my friends will be scared of me because I am sick.
I am even scared my friends will think they can catch this cancer from me.
I am afraid of losing my hair.
I am afraid of all those chemicals the doctors are giving me.
I am afraid that my life will end in pain.
I am afraid that my brain is going to stop working.
I am even afraid I will never have ice cream again.
I want to get healthy again.
I want my hair to grow back.
I want to go outside and play in the sunshine.
I want I want this cancer to disappear.
I even want to taste ice cream again.
I want to ride my bicycle down to the ocean pier.
I want to have my twenty first birthday party.
I want to go shopping for new clothes.
I want to play with all my friends.
I even want to help others who have this horrible disease cancer.
Most of all!
I wish this horrible nightmare of cancer was just a bad dream.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Want by Ronald Chapman )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo
- Behold, O God!, William Browne
- Breakfast, Near A Window, Susan Lacovara