All I Want
I am afraid of getting sick.
I am afraid of having to stay inside all the time in my bed.
I am afraid that I will lose all my friends.
I am afraid that my friends will be scared of me because I am sick.
I am even scared my friends will think they can catch this cancer from me.
I am afraid of losing my hair.
I am afraid of all those chemicals the doctors are giving me.
I am afraid that my life will end in pain.
I am afraid that my brain is going to stop working.
I am even afraid I will never have ice cream again.
I want to get healthy again.
I want my hair to grow back.
I want to go outside and play in the sunshine.
I want I want this cancer to disappear.
I even want to taste ice cream again.
I want to ride my bicycle down to the ocean pier.
I want to have my twenty first birthday party.
I want to go shopping for new clothes.
I want to play with all my friends.
I even want to help others who have this horrible disease cancer.
Most of all!
I wish this horrible nightmare of cancer was just a bad dream.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Want by Ronald Chapman )
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)