All My Brothers
I walk with my brother the Christian,
But I do not believe as he, I am not his Christian brother.
I walk with my brother the Jew,
Not born to his name, I am not his brother.
I walk with my brother the Muslim,
Infidel to him, he does not call me his brother.
They know only their god, not one that I can know.
I walk with my brother the Hindu.
We are love and all are one.
I walk with my brother the Buddhist
He has known me in our past family
I walk with my brother the Taoist
We are on this path but for a moment.
They know god and I am he.
I walk with my brother the Shaman,
He sees the animal spirit within me.
I walk with my brother the Pagan,
He knows only the nature from which we come.
I walk with my brother the Tribesman,
He finds my place with his people.
They know of god in everything.
I walk with my brother the deer
He watches me with curiosity
I walk with my brother the crane,
He wonders if I can catch him.
I walk with my brother the serpent,
He sees me as warmth.
They know nothing of God.
R.L. Ohlhausen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All My Brothers by R.L. Ohlhausen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson