All too Soon, We will Greet the White of Winter's Might
It is cool and bright in the blue mountains.
The deep chill of night has moved, settled
down into the valley. The morning sun
spreads her arms over and around, painting
with nature’s brushstrokes. Like a watercolor
framed in autumn’s colors, it is a gift.
Still, quiet, peaceful like, I walk around
leaves: yellow, red, rust, and brown, they waiting.
Many have fallen to welcoming ground,
protection’s blanket for nature’s seedlings.
‘Tis season’s own version of a healthy
need to relax, contemplate, hibernate.
My heart skips to the tune of earth’s blessings.
My lips are singing a song, the stanzas
not yet formed, neither notes upon a page
nor played by musicians, nor ever sung
by any, except those who dare to leave
behind, the weary world’s loud noises.
I welcome you, O, peaceful morning. Your
gift of joy is mine for the taking. Rest
and relief you bring to my soul. You
remind me to shine down, and all around.
And, unlike sun who asks for nothing, I embrace
you, even as I pray the world be at peace.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All too Soon, We will Greet the White of Winter's Might by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Excitement, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Impulse, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Awaiting you, Pradiptakumar Mohanty