All too Soon We will Greet the White of Winter's Might
It is cool and bright in the blue mountains.
The deep chill of night has moved, settled
down into the valley. The morning sun
spreads her arms over and around, painting
with nature’s brushstrokes. Like a watercolor
framed in autumn’s colors, it is a gift.
Still, quiet, peaceful like, I walk around
leaves: yellow, red, rust, and brown, they waiting.
Many have fallen to welcoming ground,
protection’s blanket for nature’s seedlings.
‘Tis season’s own version of a healthy
need to relax, contemplate, hibernate.
My heart skips to the tune of earth’s blessings.
My lips are singing a song, the stanzas
not yet formed, neither notes upon a page
nor played by musicians, nor ever sung
by any, except those who dare to leave
behind, the weary world’s loud noises.
I welcome you, O, peaceful morning. Your
gift of joy is mine for the taking. Rest
and relief you bring to my soul. You
remind me to shine down, and all around.
I embrace you, and, unlike sun who asks
Nothing, I pray God that the world be at peace.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All too Soon We will Greet the White of Winter's Might by Jackie Allen )
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)