I live by your names.
Show me the true path
Give me that rectitude
If Allah resides in mosques
Ram in idols
And Jesus in churches,
Then whose is the rest of the land?
Where else do I find you?
All men are alike
All have the same blood, the same flesh, the same heart and brain.
I an not querulous,
Why cant we see
that all brothers and sisters are your myriad flowers?
One-as one in thy everlasting love.
The Kazi fasts for Ramadan
The Brahmin once a fornight
And the Padre in Lent for 40 days
eleven months to himself
and then looks for rewards in a month of fasts.
Why bow head in Mosques?
why bathe in the Ganga?
why geneflect before the Sacrament?
You hamate, crook at heart,
You dubious, pretend to pray,
You frigid, pretend to love.
Why go all the way to Hajj to the Kaaba, ?
You go to the Varanasi and Vaishno Devi
You go to Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
These men and women
we all of them
are nothing but your forms.
I am your child.
You are my FORTITUDE MY PIR----(ALLAH)
you are my HAUTIER MY DEV-----(RAM)
you are my VERACITY MY GOD----(JESUS)
YOU ARE NONE BUT ONE THE SAME
EHDINA-S-SIRAT-AL-MUSTAQUEEMA SIRAT-AL-LAZEEMA AN’AMTA ALAIHIM GHAIRIL-MAGHZOOBI ALAIHIM WALA-Z-ZA IIEEN (Guide us along the straight path—the path of those whom thou has blessed, not of those with whom thou art angry; nor of those who go astray.) ----A quote from the Holy Koran
Aum Bhoor Bhuwah Swaha, Tatsavitur Varenyam, Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi, Diyo Yo Naha Prachodayat (Oh Bhrama, you embodiment of spiritual energy, destroyer of sufferings, embodiment of happiness, destroyer of sins, who bright best like the sun, is divine, imbibe intellect, and inspiration in us) ----A quote from the Holy Vedas
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren
You do it unto me
Love they neighbour as thy self.------A quote from the Holy Bible
(SINCE THERE IS SO MUCH UNREST IN THE WORLD AT THIS TIME I WAS INSPIRED TO WRITE THIS POEM)
ANJALI SINHA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ALLAH-RAM-JESUS by ANJALI SINHA )
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
- A Sunny Day, Deborah Eker
- A Rainy Day, Deborah Eker
- The Rabbit With The Habit, Deborah Eker
- The Cat Who Chases His Tail, Deborah Eker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)