Day by day, I wake alone, in a cold and empty bed,
Day by day, thoughts of you, keep running through my head.
I wake and wish this day would be the one I see your smile
I sit and wait to see your face, I'm living in denial.
Because I know that there's no way that I'll see you today,
And as the sun begins to set, my hopes will slip away.
As darkness covers this cruel world, my heart grows darker too,
And I will whisper to the night how much I long for you.
The stars begin to twinkle, lighting up the sky above,
But the only light I long to see is the light of your love.
I pray tomorrow is that day that I'm holding you tight,
As in my cold and empty bed, I stare alone into the night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by cheyenne mccartney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta